Address: 205 Mengminwei Building, Nankai University, 94 Weijin Street, Tianjin
08/2003-07/2007 B. E., ChemE at Tsinghua University, Beijing
09/2007-07/2012 Ph. D., Institute of Chemistry at Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
08/2012-08/2014 Post-doctoral scholar, Materials Research Laboratory at UC Santa Barbara
09/2014-08/2015 Post-doctoral scholar, ChemE at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
08/2015-08/2017 Post-doctoral scholar, Applied Physics and Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
09/2017-08/2017 Visiting researcher, ChemE at Tsinghua University.
09/2018- Tenure-track professor, College of Chemistry at Nankai University.
1. Weichao Shi* "Role of defects in achieving highly asymmetric lamellar self-assembly in block copolymer/homopolymer blends" J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2020, 11, 2724-2730.
2. Weichao Shi,* Xiaotong Chen, Baihui Li, David A. Weitz "Spontaneous creation of anisotropic polymer crystals with orientation-sensitive birefringence in liquid drops" ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 3912-3918.
3. Weichao Shi, Jonathan E. Didier, Donald E. Ingber, David A. Weitz* “Collective shape actuation of polymer double emulsions by solvent evaporation” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10, 31865-31869.
4. Weichao Shi, David A. Weitz* “Polymer phase separation in a microcapsule shell” Macromolecules 2017, 50, 7681-7686.
5. Weichao Shi, Glenn H. Fredrickson,* Edward J. Kramer, Christos Ntaras, Apostolos Avgeropoulos,* Quentin Demassieux and Costantino Creton “Mechanics of an asymmetric hard?soft lamellar nanomaterial” ACS Nano 2016, 10, 2054–2062.
6. Weichao Shi, Andrew L. Hamilton, Kris Delaney, Glenn H. Fredrickson,* Edward J. Kramer, Christos Ntaras, Apostolos Avgeropoulos,* and Nathaniel A. Lynd “Creating extremely asymmetric lamellar structures via fluctuation-assisted unbinding of miktoarm star block copolymer alloys” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 6160-6163.
7. Weichao Shi, Andrew L. Hamilton, Kris Delaney, Glenn H. Fredrickson,* Edward J. Kramer, Christos Ntaras, Apostolos Avgeropoulos,* Nathaniel A. Lynd, Quentin Demassieux, and Costantino Creton “Aperiodic “bricks and mortar” mesophase: a new equilibrium state of soft matter and application as a stiff thermoplastic elastomer” Macromolecules 2015, 48, 5378–5384. (Cover for Macromolecules 2015, 48(17))
8. Weichao Shi, Alaina J. McGrath, Youli Li, Nathaniel A. Lynd,* Craig J. Hawker,* Glenn H. Fredrickson,* and Edward J. Kramer “Cooperative and sequential phase transitions in it-poly(propylene oxide)-b-poly(ethylene oxide)-b-it-poly (propylene oxide) triblock copolymers” Macromolecules 2015, 48, 3069-3079.
9. Weichao Shi, Yuichi Tateishi, Wei Li, Craig Hawker,* Glenn H. Fredrickson,* and Edward J. Kramer “Producing small domain features using copolymers with miktoarm architectures with large interaction parameter” ACS Macro Lett. 2015, 4, 1287–1292.
10. Weichao Shi, Nathaniel A. Lynd, Damien Montarnal, Yingdong Luo, Glenn H. Fredrickson,* Edward J. Kramer,* Christos Ntaras, Apostolos Avgeropoulos* and Alexander Hexemer “Toward strong thermoplastic elastomers with asymmetric miktoarm block copolymer architectures” Macromolecules 2014, 47, 2037–2043.
11. Weichao Shi, Jingjing Yang, Wei Liu, Lina Zhang and Charles C. Han* “Anomalous phase separation dynamics under asymmetric viscoelastic effects: where fluidic and elastic properties meet” Macromolecules 2013, 46, 2516–2520.
12. Weichao Shi and Charles C. Han* “Dynamic competition between crystallization and phase separation at the growth interface of a PMMA/PEO blend” Macromolecules 2012, 45, 336–346.
13. Weichao Shi, *********, Yan Zhang, Jun Luo, Yongri Liang, and Charles C. Han* “Lamellar orientation inversion under dynamic interplay between crystallization and phase separation” Macromolecules 2012, 45, 941–950.
14. Weichao Shi, Xuming Xie, and Charles C. Han* “Frustrated crystallization in the coupled viscoelastic phase separation” Macromolecules 2012, 45, 8336–8346.
15. Weichao Shi, Fenghua Chen, Yan Zhang, and Charles C. Han* “Viscoelastic phase separation and interface assisted crystallization in highly immiscible iPP/PMMA blend” ACS Macro Lett. 2012, 1, 1086–1089.