1980-1984, Department of Chemistry, Liaocheng University, BS;
1984-1987, Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), MS;
1987-1992, Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) & Kyoto Institute of Technology, PhD;
1992-2005, Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC); Associate professor & professor;
2005-now, College of Chemistry, Nankai University (NKU), Professor.
Winner of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars;
The Ministry of Education Award for Young Teachers;
Baogang Excellent Teacher Award;
The special allowances of the state council.
Since 1992, he has been engaged in the studies on chemometric algorithms. In 1995, he introduced wavelet transform into the resolution of overlapping chemical signals. In 1999, he developed an immune algorithm into the field of analytical chemistry. Since 2000, he has developed a series of chemometric methods for signal processing and modeling near-infrared spectra. These methods provided new tools for rapid analysis of complex samples and have been used in industrial production and product quality evaluation. Prof. Shao published more than 290 scientific papers and wrote, edited, translated or co-published 5 academic books.
Ten representative publications:
1. Ruifeng Shan, Yue Zhao, Mengli Fan, Xiuwei Liu, Wensheng Cai, Xueguang Shao, Multilevel analysis of temperature dependent near-infrared spectra, Talanta, 2015, 131: 170-174
2. Yan Liu, Wensheng Cai, Xueguang Shao, Standardization of near infrared spectra measured on multi-instrument, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2014, 836: 18-23
3. Yan Liu, Yu Ning, Wensheng Cai, Xueguang Shao, Micro-analysis by near-infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy with chemometric method, Analyst, 2013, 138(21): 6617-6622
4. Xueguang Shao, Xihui Bian, Zhichao Liu, Wensheng Cai, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2010, 666(1-2): 32-37
5. Xueguang Shao, Zhichao Liu, Wensheng Cai, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 2009, 28 (11): 1312-1321.
6. Da Chen, Wensheng Cai, Xueguang Shao, An adaptive strategy for selecting representative calibration samples in the continuous wavelet domain for near-infrared spectral analysis, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2007, (387):1041-1048
7. Xiaoli Yang, Wensheng Cai, Xueguang Shao, A dynamic lattice searching method with constructed core for optimization of large Lennard-Jones clusters, Journal of Computational Chemistry, 2007, 28(8):1427-1433
8. Xueguang Shao, Guoqing Wang, Sufang Wang, Qingde Su, Analytical Chemistry, 2004, 76(17):5143-5148
9. Xueguang Shao, Zhengliang Yu, Li Sun, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 2003, 22(2): 59-69
10. Xueguang Shao, Alexander Kai-Man Leung, Foo-Tim Chau, Accounts of Chemical Research, 2003, 36 (4):276-283
More than 60 master and PhD students graduated from the group.